Good morning, last week we migrated our site to another server environment, which was quite an undertaking and we’re still not quite done, to be honest. the change benefits both you and us as the entire site should be a lot faster going forward. With that here are the headlines you may have missed as well as a very cool video of the George Washington Bridge. Enjoy!
- ParaZero introduces a “SafeAir” parachute for the DJI Phantom and Mavic Pro series
- Take flight w/o breaking the bank by using Parrot’s Swing drone: $17 (Refurb, Orig. $140)
- Australian aviation authority, CASA launches new campaign to increase awareness of rules for new drone pilots. Rules apply when you fly!
- Commercial drone pilot loses 90% of revenue due to increased competition
- 19-year-old student from Australia wins Intel’s ISEF top prize with window cleaning drone
- How DJI’s products are used in the shooting of the Amazon Prime Original series “You Are Wanted”
- Instead of getting your pizza delivered by drone, what if the drone was the actual pizza?
- Computer scientists build smallest autonomous flying drone, the Crazyflie 2.0 nano quadcopter
- AeroVironment accused of bringing a drone loaded with explosives on a Delta flight
- Medium format 100MP Sony BSI sensor inside Phase One’s latest drone camera
- Drone leads the way to safety for stranded hikers and injured dog
- IDF develops Shoko drone to drop skunk water bags on protesting Palestinians
- Saildrones sent to White Shark Cafe in the Pacific Ocean to monitor one of the world’s largest shark migrations
- Drone footage shows Yemen’s city of Taiz in ruins
Today’s video shows the George Washington Bridge here in New York. The video was recorded with a DJI Mavic Pro in 4K and edited on an iPad using Luma Fusion. Even though this bridge can be a bit of a nightmare when it comes to driving over it because of all the traffic, at the same time it is one of the majestic bridges connecting the island of Manhattan to the surrounding areas, in this case, New Jersey. Grab a coffee and enjoy this short video from iambasumba01.
If you have a drone film that you would like to show on DroneDJ, send us an email with a link to your video on YouTube or Vimeo and provide us some background info.
Email sign-up form
Would you like to receive our DroneRise email every weekday morning? Enter your email below and look for an activation email in your inbox to confirm your DroneRise email sign-up.
[protected-iframe id=”5578de37b426c36a4896f2ed02c92acd-135826796-118517251″ info=”cdn-images.mailchimp.com/embedcode/slim-10_7.css” ]
Note: Support DroneDJ by buying your next drone through our site. You can use the following links directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. Thank you!