DJI has been busy this week with all their firmware updates. Today the Chinese drone manufacturer released their latest firmware update for the popular DJI Osmo Pocket. The previous firmware update was only three weeks ago and improved sound quality, ActiveTrack, focus and white balance. This latest update promises to improve face detection, reduce focus pulsing, increase autofocus speed, add pro settings to the Osmo Pocket without the use of the DJI Mimo app, added Cine-Like color more to video mode and added an option to switch between AFC and AFS when using the Osmo Pocket without the Mimo app.
New Osmo Pocket Firmware Released
- Date: 2019.01.30
- Firmware: v220.127.116.11 (this firmware is approx. 51MB)
- DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.0.4
- DJI Mimo App Android: v1.0.4
- Added pro settings when using Osmo Pocket without DJI Mimo.
- Added option to switch between AFC and AFS when using Osmo Pocket without DJI Mimo.
- Added Cine-Like color mode to video mode.
- Fixed issue: after powering off, the gimbal attitude of some devices was in an abnormal position to fit into the cover.
- Optimized face detection.
- Reduced focus pulsing in some situations, such as when shooting the sky or at night.
- Increased autofocus speed when moving Osmo Pocket quickly.
- Use auto calibration after updating the firmware.
- If the update fails, restart Osmo Pocket and DJI Mimo, and retry.
How to Update
What do you think about the latest firmware update for the DJI Osmo Pocket? Let us know in the comments below.
STAY IN TOUCH!
If you’d like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or sign up for our email newsletter DroneRise, that goes out every weekday morning at 6 am.
Buy your next drone through directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. By using our links, we will make a small commission, but it will not cost you anything extra. Thank you for helping DroneDJ grow!