Have you ever wanted to work for a fast-growing company in a rapidly developing industry? Well, then this may be your chance. DJI is looking to hire an operations coordinator to organize and coordinate administrative duties and office procedures of their Marketing and Policy offices in New York and Washington D.C. The Chinese drone maker is not only looking to hire on the East Coast. There are plenty more jobs available for instance in Frankfurt, Palo Alto, Burbank and elsewhere. Working for DJI may turn out to be lucrative if the company issues stock options and goes public next year as has been rumored.
Operation coordinator for the New York and Washington D.C. offices
Description: We are currently looking to fill the position of Operation Coordinator to organize and coordinate administration duties and office procedures of our Marketing and Policy offices at New York and Washington D.C. Your role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication, and safety.
- Relationship maintenance with property management company.
- Ensure all facilities are up to code and work environment is safe and compliant.
- Assess needs of team on ongoing basis; works with head of office to assess and provision new resources as needed and in adherence to set budget: identify, acquire and maintain inventory control (i.e. office equipment, company products, studio equipment, stationery supplies, etc.).
- Works with IT to ensure network and employee computer systems are properly and reliably configured. Troubleshoots as needed.
- Work with head of office and HR to ensure smooth onboarding process for new hires.
- Works with head of office and DJI HQ to optimize employee policies.
- Work with head of office and HR to ensure general adherence of local/national/global employee policies.
- Track and distribute company assets and equipment.
- Plan in-house or off-site activities, such as team building days and holiday luncheons.
- Collect and prepare preliminary draft of monthly milestone report for head of office review and approval if necessary
- Translates between DJI HQ and regional offices as required or requested
- Works with head of office and Finance to assist with preparation of quarterly budget proposals.
- Assist in review of all expenses under operations budget to ensure compliance with set budget and company expense policies.
- Maintain accurate bookkeeping to track available funds under each project code (operations budget only, not individual project budgets).
- Ability to anticipate and identify problems, devise and assess plans, and carry-out solutions
- Team oriented work style with the ability to deal effectively with all levels of staff in the resolution of problems and the completion of tasks
- Excellent organizational and planning skills: ability to multi-task, prioritize and work independently with little supervision and a strong sense of urgency
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. Routine use of standard equipment such as computers, telephones, copiers/scanners, file cabinets, etc. will be required.
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 30 pounds.
FLSA Compliance and Work Hours: This is a full-time, non exempt position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
Travel: Approximately 10-20% local and domestic travel may be required.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma/GED required, Bachelor’s degree a plus
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Must be eligible for U.S. employment
- Proficiency in Chinese (Mandarin) preferred
- Nice to Have: Strong technical knowledge of filming/studio equipment
EEO Statement: DJI is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, which provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Company complies with State of California and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities.
Email sign-up form
Would you like to receive our DroneRise email every weekday morning? Enter your email below and look for an activation email in your inbox to confirm your DroneRise email sign-up.
Note: Support DroneDJ by buying your next drone through our site. You can use the following links directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. Thank you!