DJI will be at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, NV this year. The DJI booth will be at the Las Vegas Convention Center South Hall #26002 where you can experience their entire product portfolio of camera drones and image stabilization systems.
There’s no definitive word on likely new Drones from DJI, but anticipation is high that CES 2018 is the perfect venue for a launch pad. We’re keeping our eyes peeled for information and if we find out anything in the next week, we will post it here on DroneDJ.
*** Update 1/7/18: DJI reveals Osmo Mobile 2 and Ronin S ***
DJI consumer drones
The big question that is on everybody’s mind is whether DJI will announce any new drone at the CES 2018 event in Las Vegas?
In the past, DJI announced new products at the Consumer Electronics Show. For instance, in 2015, they announced the OSMO and other gimbals, in 2016, the Phantom 3 4K and the Inspire 1 Pro Black Edition, and in 2017, the OSMO Silver, a limited Phantom 4 Chinese New Year Edition and the CrystalSky Monitor.
The Chinese drone manufacturer has several consumer products in their portfolio. The best-known ones are, the Phantom 3 and 4, the Mavic Pro, the Spark, the Goggles and the OSMO. Of course, some drone enthusiasts fly the DJI Inspire drone series but for this article, we look into the more consumer-focused drones. DJI recently announced two new agricultural drones, the MG-1S Advanced and MG-1P RTK and we found out about a new Phantom 4 RTK drone that popped up unexpectedly at an event in China.
DJI release dates
Let’s take a look at the release dates of DJI’s consumer drones
The DJI Phantom series release dates:
- The Phantom 1, originally known as Phantom, was released in January 2013.
- The DJI Phantom 2 was released in December 2013.
- The DJI Phantom 3 was released in April 2015.
- The DJI Phantom 4 was released in March 2016.
- The DJI Phantom 4 Pro was released in November 2016.
The DJI Mavic Pro series release dates:
- The DJI Mavic Pro was released in October 2016.
- The DJI Mavic Pro Platinum Edition was released in August 2017.
- The DJI Mavic Pro Alpine White was released in November 2017.
The DJI Spark release date:
- The DJI Spark was released in May 2017.
Based on the release dates it seems that the DJI Mavic Pro and Phantom Pro are the most likely drones to be replaced as both of them are more than one year old. However, the month in which they were released in the past, does not necessarily correspond with the CES events. I guess we will have to wait until next week’s CES 2018 before we know more…
Other CES 2018 news
- What’s on tap for DJI at CES 2018, new drones?
- Intel and DJI technology in a $99 toy drone to be announced at CES 2018
- All-new DJI Ronin-S will be a game changer if DJI prices it right
- Drones at CES Unveiled 2018 — GDU, Drone Interactive, and Eyesee show their latest
- New DJI Osmo Mobile 2 stabilizer – Everything we know so far
- DJI reveals new Osmo Mobile 2 and Ronin S gimbal stabilizers ahead of CES 2018
- FAA allows Workhorse Surefly personal helicopter drone to fly at CES2018
- Geneinno’s Poseidon 1 underwater drone camera at CES2018
- DJI invites you to fly their drones at CES 2018
Don’t forget! We are going to give away this exact DJI Spark drone to one of our readers. If you are interested, then leave a comment, or follow us and share this post on Facebook, or Twitter, or Instagram. We will give it away in the first week of the new year. Only people living in one of the 48 Contiguous United States will be eligible. The lucky recipient will be selected at our sole discretion.
Note: To improve our website DroneDJ and bring you the latest news, we rely on income from our ads as well as affiliate programs. We would greatly appreciate it, if you would consider the offers of our advertisers or would buy your next drone or drone accessories through one of our partners such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers such as Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. Thank you!